Monday 14 May 2012

Copenhagen running tour

I went to Copenhagen to present at the EU/MEeting and decided to take on a fun way to explore the city on Saturday. I booked a city running tour with running-copenhagen.dk

I met up with Lena at the Anderson statue near city hall and together with 4 danish women and an irish couple, we set out for a 1h40 run around the city. We tracked around 8.5km, stopping at highlights troughout the city. Lena told some interesting facts about the city and it was overall a very fun experience.

Pleasant surprise that the guide also owned fivefingers, was a pose-running coach and read born to run like 9 times. It was a great run/talk/touristic tour and a great way to see the city!



The rest of the trip was nice too, overall I really liked the city. It turns out Denmark is the nation that consumes most organic food :-) Lots of raw food as well. I spent a lot of time in the botanical gardens (including going up the swirly stair), and made it to the top of the Our saviour church :-) Nice for conquering my fear of heights!

It was a tript to remember!






No comments:

Post a Comment